Friday, February 25, 2011

Want and Repentance

I don't have a lot of original content to post at the moment since Homework is my task-of-the-moment. However, there are a couple blog posts I read recently that have been lingering in my mind that I wanted to share here.

The first is an excerpt from this blog:
“My children,” he said in his feeble voice, “never forget what you have just heard. Have absolute faith in God and never despair of His pardon. I love you dearly, but my love is nothing compared to the love of God. Even if you should be so unhappy as to commit some dreadful crime, never despair of God. You are His children; humble yourselves before Him, as before your father, implore His pardon, and He will rejoice over your repentance, as the father rejoiced over that of the prodigal son.”
This reminder of the sort of love God has for us and His joy at our repentance gets me every time. I don't know if I will ever cease to be amazed at the incredible forgiveness pictured in the story of the prodigal.

The other is a bit from this blog, which is amazing:
What will I believe is greater today? My problems? Or God’s provisions? What this moment holds is always His provision and He never leaves nor forsakes.

Because this is it:

The needs of our day are great but our God is greater and we call Him Providence because we believe: He is the One who always provides.

And when God provides, He should be praised, and if God always provides, shouldn’t praise always be on the lips?

We are the people provided for and praise is our song.
God has made provision. So we will make praise.

I have everything I need. Not what I think I need. But what He knows I need. I can trust His love. I can trust what He gives. I can trust His provision of this moment.
To me, this was a much-needed reminder that God is greater- so MUCH greater- than all of my needs. His ability to provide for my needs is beyond what I could imagine. No problem I face is a challenge for God's resources and ability.

Recently, the security of our bank account was compromised, so we closed the old account, and opened a new account. This was all a few days before our paychecks would post, so we updated routing numbers at work and the bank (we thought) took care of everything on their end so paychecks would post to our new accounts after hitting the old, closed accounts. However, that was a week ago. The money is still not in our new accounts. I was doing okay at waiting at first. Now, there are bills that need to be paid and money I was counting on using that is not there in our accounts. I've been stressing over it all because it is SO out of our control at this point. Yet, reading the above post reminded me that God knows where our money is, how long until it will post, when our bills are due, and how to make everything transition like it was supposed to. And HE will make it happen when the time is right. Our job now is to rest- to trust- in Him. [And continue to call the bank every few days to find out what's up with the transfer!]
Trust is so much trickier in practice than in theory!

No comments:

Post a Comment