Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafts and cursive

So... apparently it's been a while since I posted?
I really didn't realize that it had been over a month. Life has resumed the "normal" of a college student. A new semester has begun, the rhythm of classes and prof expectations is sort of there, and we're trying to settle into this current phase.

I've had several cooking fails lately (burned bbq beef, bony chicken/rice, over+undercooked pizza) and my will to cook is SO diminished! Hoping to help, I organized my recipes/binders yesterday so it's easier to find recipes I'm looking for. Minimal inspiration, alas. However, I'm cooking from the pantry, so soup and tuna are on the menu for today.

Along with the wicked snowstorm/blizzard Event going on, I've been sick and apparently shared the virus with my husband, so we're definitely laying low! Homework is on the agenda, but after a few days spent sick and foggy-headed, it is even tougher than I'd expected to get back into homeworking!

As I've been getting into gear with homework, I perused some blogs and found some super fun projects:
- Make-it-yourself chocolate box
- Cute printable valentines
- Love these classic school theme baby shower ideas

A post I read earlier today made me think about education and kids and the purpose behind it all. I loved this line in particular:
One of the reasons that I chose to homeschool was because I believe very strongly that the skills my children need are not just ones that can be quantified by tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment