Monday, March 7, 2011

Break!


It's here- At last, it's here! :D

Spring isn't, actually- today, it's snowing. But spring break is here, which is good enough for me :)
As a teacher-to-be-in-training, there are myriad projects to complete and expectations to be met, so rather than a really-truly break, this week is more like "Spring-Diminished-Workload!!!" :)
Instead of having classes every morning, today I got to sleep in a little bit and get things done around the apartment instead of flying off to class. Today, instead of being in classes, I'm headed off to get some observation hours in with my cooperating teacher in her 3rd grade classroom. This afternoon, instead of working on homework, exactly, I'll be writing the lesson I teach tomorrow in the same classroom. It's a math lesson about making change (money!) so I've been pondering fun way to teach and practice the concept.
Tomorrow, I'll be teaching a lesson, getting the last of my observation hours in, possibly administering some perception tests and some reading tests, and writing about my findings and about how my lesson went.

Over the rest of the week (between time with my husband and hours at work), I have a journal article to read and review, a theology paper to write, and other projects to catch up on. Spring break is, more than anything else, a quick breather- a chance to try to catch up on everything that wasn't happening amid the Busy of the rest of Regular Life.

Here's hoping for a productive, restful, recharging break... 'cause after Friday morning, it's basically Life As Usual again!

1 comment:

  1. SOON, summer break will be here! Keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete