Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Almost there...!

It is finals week.
It is the sort of week where a list of projects and commitments and tests on the dry-erase board on the door is key in making sure I know what I should be working on and when.
It is also pretty exciting when I get to erase things and can see more and more background and less text :)

It's December.
Christmas is coming.
Presents are stashed away, awaiting post-finals time when I'll be able to get things wrapped :)
My Amazon order is pending as I try to decide what else I want to add to my free-shipping purchase.

I'm avoiding our spare room, which is a storehouse of crafting supplies, jewelry-making things purchased the day after Thanksgiving, the decorative pillows I'm making for our bed, the Christmas decorations I want to decorate with already!!!


I had a lot of studying to do still yesterday.
I'd seen a picture that inspired an idea I wanted to try.
I wanted so much to run to Michaels to pick up supplies instead of continuing to study.
I made a deal with myself: "If you get _______ finished, then you can go to the store!!"
I am very motivated by deals :)

I finished, we ran to the store, I picked up a fab assortment of Christmas AND winter decorating supplies (all way on sale too, of course). [In my mind, Christmas decorations are a hodge-podge of red, green, silver, gold, burgundy, etc. colors. Winter decorations, however, are of the blue/silver variety. And... the bright pink, purple, silver/blue/green are later-winter decor. I know, right? But that's what they look like in my mind.]
I crafted when I came home. We strung some lights, hung some garland, I arranged and styled to my heart's content.
And then, it was time for homework again.

My Christmas totes are still stashed away in the closet of our spare room.
I have a CLEP test (college math) I'm taking tomorrow.
Until that is taken, I am "not allowed" to get into those bins or decorate any more. But once that test is over... oh yes, there will be decorating in abundance tomorrow night!!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Your almost done!! Yay! Until next semester right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! :D And next semester I only have 12 credits, so it is NOTHING compared to this one! After my last final (at 10 today) I am free..... For an entire month!! :D

    ReplyDelete