Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Progress toward a relaxing summer

I finished a major paper for one of my summer classes today. The formatting was vexing, but it is FINISHED and turned in and I'm now done with that class! Hooray!!

Next, I need to start studying for CLEP tests, researching test locations & dates/times, and working on homework for a class I'm taking in August.

I want this summer to be a relaxing break. However, since I'm only working part-time, I know I need to be focusing and working on projects too, not just taking it easy. I have a list of things I want to finish before the school year resumes and the everydayness and rigor of classes to attend and a more scheduled.. schedule resumes.

We've been working on the spare room/guest room, getting things more organized, getting it ready to actually host company, and getting a specific decor style established.
I'm loving it! So bright and happy and cheery :D
It doubles as my craft room :) Also, a lady from church was super sweet and gave me a sewing machine she wasn't using. I need to get sewing machine needles before I can use it but I am so VERY glad to have it available! I've missed sewing.
My first project is either some garment repair OR hemming the curtains I'm making to go around a storage shelf in the corner of the storage shelf in the spare room.

Also on the Projects To Accomplish list is my desk. It is generally an area of paper-chaos sprinkled with pens and pencils. There needs to be some sense of order and homes for things and organization overall. I'm still figuring out what that should look like in this new-to-me desk.

It is hard to keep my motivation up. Once I finish a big project, it seems so right to just enjoy a break for homework. I can't let myself do that, though - otherwise I'm going to have nonstop homework looming over me until winter break! I want to get ahead and enjoy a little time to just BE and hang out with people and do fun reading :)

1 comment:

  1. you're seriously motivated. Go you! Homework during summer break . . . you must be my husband's relation because he is the same way. Ha!

    ReplyDelete