Friday, May 28, 2010

Flower babies :)

This year, for the first time in a while, I am gardening. Sort of. Since we live in an apartment, it's not like I'm landscaping a yard or planting a garden plot! I'm using planters.It all began with a few Gerber daisies & Lobelia. 
One thing led to another, one planter somehow became two, and that was the first idea. 

Next, I contemplated how nice it would be to have some basil. And if basil, then there must also be tomatoes, and then I would have almost everything to make that yummy Tomato/basil/mozzarella salad (which is amazing and MUST be made every summer myriad times), and that was the second idea.

On another trip to the store, I was pondering the fact that I had leftover rock (to put in the bottom of the planters to help provide adequate drainage) and leftover potting soil. I browsed over to the clearanced plants and spotted a couple beautiful yellow-y/lilac violas. I bought them and another planter; and that was the third idea.

Last night after work. I had noticed these super cute clay pots with a colored glaze around the middle. I'd had a vague thought about how nice it would be to have some indoor plants, and somehow.. I came home with.. some.

 "Some" in this case means "three":

I love my daisies :) 

And my indoor jungle :)

Stay tuned: There may be a fifth idea that = more plants.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, if we were staying here I might take up your apartment gardening... But we're not, Im thinking next summer Im going to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be fun! Plus, you can maybe do landscaping sort of gardening too? :)

    ReplyDelete